The University of Namibia (UNAM) recognizes and values the importance of research in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and fostering socioeconomic development by addressing challenges faced by society. The University supports and promotes research, innovation, entrepreneurship and resource mobilization that enhances the University’s role in making a positive difference to the quality of living of society. We strive for local engagement and relevance with global impact. UNAM has thus put in place enabling structures, processes and procedures in order to realize these goals.
RID Directorates / Units:
2. Centre for Research Services
– Postgraduate Support Services
3. Centre for Grants Management and Resource Mobilization
4. Innovation and Development Accelerator
6. UNAM Press
The Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor: Research, Innovation and Development is responsible for the strategic development, leadership, and management of research, innovation and resource mobilization activities at the University of Namibia.
We aim to:
– Promote and support the development of UNAM’s research profile, performance, and culture